Skip to main content
Pages and Files
Site Policies and Guidelines
A place to find official rule changes, enhancements and errata. Also, fans can add their own house-rules as well.
Official Changes, Enchancements & Errata
for reducing damage in exchange for temporary challenges.
for other ways of handling damage and the outcomes of conflicts.
on different ways of figuring starting Determination and using Determination in play.
, a quicker and even easier way to roll the dice.
Example of Play
, an extended example of a pair of ICONS heroes against a trio of villains.
resolution variant, eliminating negative numbers by adding a base difficulty of 7 to all tests.
, a system for using ability tests to create temporary aspects and free uses of Determination for more dynamic game play.
approach to handling complex or drawn-out challenges or interactions.
for different ways of handling tracking damage in conflicts.
Fan House Rules
- I really like how stunt points work in DragonAge, so somewhat inspired by that I wrote the options for what happens when you roll major and massive successes in combat in ICONS.
Aegis Universe house rules
- Icons house rules for a game in progress.
Alternate Combat Resolution Chart
- Realigns the stun/slam/kill rules to operate consistently from the heroes’ point of view, rather than from the defenders’ point of view (regardless of heroism or villainy)
for relating ICONS characters to established comic book heroes
DCAU / MEGS House Rules
- a work in progress rules mod for the DCAU universe with supporting GM's Screen
Dr. Axiom's House Rules and Benchmarks
- a collection of minor houserules.
ICONS Clarification Notes (Version 2.1)
A collection of ICONS rules clarification questions with answers from Steve Kenson et al. from various sources such as RPGNet and the ICONS Yahoo Group mailing list.
Icons Open Game Content
- The Open Gaming Content from Icons. Obvious misspellings and punctuation errors have been corrected, but no other revisions have been made.
Marginal Successes and Variable Damage
- An alternate combat resolution scale by John Post
A Method for Motivations
, advice on using Marvel SAGA's Callings as a shorthand for Motivation Qualities.
- a listing of motivations.
Sean Patrick Fannon's ICONS House Rules
- Now called the
, a living document as new ideas are brought out by continuous play.
, a work-in-progress sword & sorcery conversion (
New version v0.5 re-uploaded 3/5/11).
, a new power for summoning minions/hencmen
Ron's XP House Rules
- An XP system he is using in his campaign.
UnVerse Character Creation Rules
- SPF's rules for actual character creation, attempting balance and adding some additional options to flesh characters out.
UnVerse Resource Rules
- These go along with the UnVerse Character Creation Rules and allow for lots of "cool stuff" for teams and heroes (and villains) who are gadget-oriented or who have lots of money for "all those wonderful toys."
Vehicle and Chase Rules
- OGL rules content for a new Vehicle power and accompanying Chase rules
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"