You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Site Policies and Guidelines
I really like how stunt points work in DragonAge, so somewhat inspired by that I wrote the options for what happens when you roll major and massive successes in combat in ICONS. These supersede the RAW for Stunning, Slamming and Killing.
When you achieve a major or massive success on a combat test, pick one additional effect your attack does from the following tables. Note that some options have conditions attached to them.
- Add one point of Stamina damage that ignores all armor/force fields/invulnerability.
- Reduce target's armor/force fields/invulnerability by one rank for the rest of the scene.
- Narrate how your attack distracts, maneuvers the target into a disadvantageous position, or puts your target off-balance for a -1 to dodge and evade tests for one page.
- If the attack causes Stamina damage, knock down the target for a -1 test penalty that page to get back up.
- If the attack causes Stamina damage, stun the target for one page (target loses one action next panel, but defends normally). Multiple stun conditions cause the target to lose the same number of attacks in its next panel. (Only pertains to targets with Fast Attack) The target may regain one attack action by spending/awarding a point of Determination.
- Choose two different effects from the Major Success table.
- Immediately attack an additional target, if one is in range. This effect can only be used once per panel.
- Add two points of Stamina damage that ignores all armor/force fields/invulnerability.
- Reduce target's armor/force fields/invulnerability by two ranks for the rest of the scene.
- Narrate how your attack distracts, maneuvers the target into a disadvantageous position, or puts your target off-balance for a -2 to dodge and evade tests for one page.
- If the attack causes Stamina damage, the target is knocked back from the attack as if the character or object were thrown with a Strength equal to the attack's damage rank. See Throwing pg. 59. Hitting an obstacle may cause further damage to the target and/or obstacle.
- If the attack causes Stamina damage greater than the target's Strength, then the target's Stamina is reduced to 0 and the target is knocked unconscious or otherwise taken out of the combat. (Slashing and Shooting attacks can kill the target at the attacking player's option.) Spending/awarding a point of Determination can reduce this effect to being stunned for 2d6 pages.
- John Powell, 2011.05.24
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"